Designed to safely speed up the daily tasks in histology laboratories.
After the formation of the block with the sample and the cassette, it’s necessary to remove the excess paraffin from the outside edges of the embedding cassette. Usually this is done manually using a sharp object (knife, scalpel, etc.).
The new CTS 500 Cassettes Trimming system avoids the risk of getting oneself cut, and simplifies this tedious process. Sliding the edge of the cassettes through the grooves of the heated surface, the excess paraffin flows directly through the specific drain channel towards the waste tray.
The waste tray can be removed and placed on the heated surface, thus the paraffin will melt, and can be reused again or be discarded.
- Housing: anodized aluminum
- Security heating system to avoid overheating damage
- The working temperature is reached in 20 seconds, indicated by a green light (LED)
- Dimensions: (W/D/H): 130 x 185 x 91.5 mm
- Temperature: up to +80ºC
- Weight: 2.8 kg
- Voltage: 230V / 50Hz
- Main instrument fuse: T 6.3 AH
Click on the following link to download the complete catalogue of this product: