For motorized automatic sections of entire bodies, or frozen large surfaces up to 250 mm long.
The most common application is the whole body autoradiography (WBA), which is used to trace radio-labeled drugs or other compounds in the frozen bodies of test animals.
There are many other uses of this large cryostat, including the fields of anatomy and training. Outside the biological field, also for scientific and industrial use to cut objects as diverse as electrical insulation, timber and automobile plastic chassis joints.
- Incorporates the 8000 sledge microtome with electro-linear drive
- Section samples up to 250mm long
- Dual refrigeration system to give a faster cool-down
- Used for autoradiography
- Automatic sectioning sequence
- Electro-linear drive produces stronger sections